How we use student information
The categories of student information that we process include:
- personal identifiers and contacts (such as name, contact details and address)
- special educational needs and any additional concerns raised on the referral form
- medical information relevant to our work (such as involvement of medical professionals, for example speech and language therapists)
- assessment and attainment (such as numeracy and literacy levels)
Why we collect and use student information
We collect and use student information to inform our understanding of children and young people’s needs, and so that we can provided relevant and informed advice.
We will only become involved with a student when we have signed consent for our involvement from the student’s parent or other adult with parental responsibility.
How we collect student information
We collect student information from the referral form provided when involvement is requested. Additional information is collected in the course of our involvement with the student from:
- discussion and individual work with the student
- the student’s parents/carers
- school records
- other involved professionals where relevant
How we store student data
We hold student data securely for the set amount of time shown in our data retention schedule.
Who we share student information with
We share student information with:
- the Special Needs Co-ordinator who has requested our involvement
- other relevant professionals, for example NHS Speech and Language Therapists
Why we share student information
We share information so that the student’s needs can be understood and addressed.
We do not share information about students with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, parents and students have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your child’s educational record, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to seek redress, either through the ICO, or through the courts
If you have a concern or complaint about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact us at email@example.com